Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sweatas.

The weather has taken a major shift here in middle Minnesota. When I left for church Sunday morning at 10 AM it was 70 degrees outside. I was actually a little warm sitting in church...granted I was suffering from a bit of sensory overload and that always makes me sweat...that's a story for another day.

Anyway, by the time Laney was born at 3:10 CST it was 48 degrees outside. AT THREE IN THE AFTERNOON! I have never lived anywhere where it actually gets colder as the day carries on. I was wishing for my brief hot flash from Sunday morning service to return.

So I went to the gym this morning at about...8 or so. So the sun was up. I walked outside. 39 degrees. It's 42 right now. Need I remind you- IT'S STILL SEPTEMBER.

Okay, I can deal with the weather. It's cold, but whatever. There are fires, soup, blankets, snuggies...I don't have a snuggie. What I realized today is that I have exactly 31 sweaters. With the way winter goes- I could be wearing winter clothes for like 7 or 8 months. And on REALLY cold days- I'll probably be wearing several sweaters at one time. That means I am going to run out of clothes very quickly and by the time it's all over- I'm going to want to throw every one of my sweaters in a bonfire. Which will be convenient because when summer comes that's what we do in Minnesota. We have bonfires. To keep the mosquitoes away.

So...I'm looking at my wardrobe (we won't even talk about my lack of pants and appropriate shoes and socks) and I'm thinking...I may have to wear shorts until it gets below freezing just to make sure my "winter" clothes actually last. Or...I may need to go shopping. That might be the answer to all of my problems.

So long summer wardrobe. See you sometime in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment