Tuesday, September 15, 2009

10,000 Lakes and counting


Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes. Literally if you look at a map...there are lakes everywhere. Growing up I remember going to three lakes. Just three. Lake Tahoe. Folsom Lake. Pine Crest Lake. Well...and some other small lakes in the Tahoe Basin, but nothing memorable. This summer (which decided to show up sometime in the middle of September) I have gotten to see the lakes of Minnesota. I think I am well on my way to seeing all 10,000 of them. At some point I think they run out of names for the lakes and they get names like "Round Lake" and "Boy Lake"...Long Lake...Big Lake. Super original. What's great is when you're trying to get directions and the response you get is..."Just take a right at the lake".

No comments:

Post a Comment