Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Drive.

When I get bored bad things happen. Seriously, if in your head, you think, "maybe this is a bad idea", that's probably because IT IS. I, however, have continually ignored that inner voice for the majority of my life. That's probably how I ended up stuck in the middle of a lake today. That's right- I drove my car out on a lake and I got stuck.

I've been on a frozen lake before, but this was my first time driving myself out on to the water. I got about a half a mile out before I started to realize getting back might be tricky. I was right. It was. A nice man with a shovel and a fish house came and rescued me. When I admitted to being an idiot for driving onto the ice all he said was, "Yep". Awesome.

So we got my car dislodged from the middle of the lake snow bank I drove into. I called my mom and told her about my adventure and then my car started overheating. My poor little Jetta. As it turns out snow can get up inside your vehicle and freeze causing the car to overheat. That makes total sense, right? Right!? No, I didn't think so either.



So, four hours after my Sunday drive began I am writing this blog from inside Chad's toasty vehicle while he and his dad brave the elements to set things right for my poor tortured vehicle. I know...I might actually be retarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment