Saturday, January 9, 2010

Minnesota Skiiing

I've heard Minnesota skiing is kind of a joke compared to skiing in the Rockies or the Sierras. Actually, I think it's been Minnesotans that have said so. Anyway, for Kara's birthday she wanted to go skiing, so she and her friend Maija and I attacked the mountain...or the hill?

I don't know...I guess it wasn't a real mountain.

The runs were shorter. It was about 3 degrees for most of the day...like freeze your face off cold. It brings a whole new dimension to your mask freezing to your face. No injuries. No helmets. Well, except for my little run in with the ski lift. That might leave a mark.

BUT black diamonds are still black diamonds even if they are quite a bit shorter. It was amazing to hit the slopes and it was a beautiful day. Doesn't get much better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment