Wednesday, September 8, 2010

September blues....


I'm all about fall. The leaves are changing...everything smells like cinnamon and camp fire and in Minnesota you can actually go outside without becoming the blood buffet to 10 million mosquitos.

I hate mosquitoes.

However, and this is a big however, I'm not about fall when it appears suddenly without even giving summer a chance to say goodbye.

I need closure.

One morning I was running and it was 85 degrees at 9 in the morning and I was thinking, "Seriously, I don't know how much longer I can run it this heat." And BAM! the next morning I had long sleeves and ear muffs on.

Each day that it rains...and the wind gets a little bit colder...and the leaves turn another brilliant shade of orange (which I have learned only means it's just a matter of days until they turn to dreary shades of death)...the more I know summer is gone for good.

I should just start unpacking my sweaters and mittens now because it won't be long before I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment